Thursday, January 26, 2012

M4A3 Sherman 1/35

One thing I am looking forward to starting is my Tamiya 1/35 Sherman tank model I got for Christmas. I sat down to look over the task since it has been probably 30 years plus since I've attempted to sit down and do any kind of model. I realized right away that I didn't even have any glue. So I went to the Web (becasue who uses phone books anymore) to find the address for the one hobby story that I THOUGHT was still open and low and behold...no hobby store. Hobby Lobby was there but no store where old guys gathered to advise younger guys about their latest adventure in putting together a model. I also realized that I wanted to make something that I wanted to put on a bookshelf next to a picture of my uncle Juke that would look decent. So I settled on the Testors plastic model finishing set for aircraft / military.
I guess I can substitute some Youtube clips for the old guys at the hobby store scenario. Seems kind of a shame though. Nevertheless I'm excited about doing this little project becasue it's so different from what I normally do as an adult. It was fun to get something that was "toylike" at Christmas too. Thanks mom and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment