Sunday, January 15, 2012

PFC Julius Marvin Helder, A Co 743rd Tank BN

I began looking into family history with a big assist from Ancestry.com (and a cousin who is also into genealogy) a couple years ago. Among other things, I began to piece together the story of my Great Uncle Juke who was part of a unit I had never heard of before. The unit that this blog is created to tell the story of: the 743rd Tank Battalion. I would very much like to provide a place for anyone who would like to share their experiences doing the same thing I'm doing with family history, or for anyone who simply has an interest in this unit. I am soliciting guest bloggers for this site. Just email me the text and any images. I'll even clean them up for you in Photoshop CS5 if you'd like, before I post them. While I was in the Army, I was not a tanker but I must admit I'm enamored by the unbelievable story this unit has. This blog is dedicated to the memory of my Uncle Juke of course, and all those brave souls who came together to form this particular separate tank battalion and part of the highest rated unit in WWII!
In Memorium

No comments:

Post a Comment